To impel the interinstitutional articulation and coordination with the different research institutes, universities, farmers and industrials associations, and those responsible and managers of the national scientific and technological policy, based on the development of knowledge and innovation networks, looking for efficiency and effectiveness in problems solving and opportunities utilization, aiming at the obtention of impact results.
- To sponsor and co-finance R+D+I strategic alliances, agreements and projects, aligned with the Science, Technology and Innovation National Policy, in order to concentrate efforts, promote and strengthen scientific cooperation and collaboration among the different agents, encouraging multidisciplinary teams integration and the incorporation of technical progress with the production activity.
- To strengthen the integration of the national agribusiness relevant agents, through the Regional Advisors Council and the Working Groups, to the continuous process of planning, monitoring and evaluation of INIA research projects, technology communication and transference.
- To deepen in effective mechanisms that permit to protect and recognize the intellectual property rights, in order to create a favourable environment to foster innovation capacity.
- To identify and to priorize research on relevant and pertinent topics, common and shared by the involved agents, on which the benefits, contributions and risks of facing new challenges are established, and the rational use of the available resources is promoted.
- To intensify the international technical cooperation and the relationship among excellent world centers, seeking to contemplate common interests, reciprocal benefits and complementarities of resources, as well as to observe, to adequate and to adopt global technical-scientific progress to the national reality and needs.
- To strengthen researchers training in aspects related to networks management in order to consolidate the networks in creating value and forcing the technological innovation throughout time.
- To support the research results transference to the surroundings, to make them available, contributing to generate confidence to strengthen the networks activities.