January 1947 – A land property of the Municipality of Salto, was handed to the Technical School of Salto, where initially some field experiments with citrus were established. The School Director at that time was Sr. Alcides Casenave.
• In 1952 – it was transferred to the Ministry of Livestock and Agriculture. Ing. Agr. Julio Tucci became its Director, in which position he remained until 1973. There was an expansion of field trials and an increase in personnel.
• In 1971 – integrated into Centro de Investigaciones Agrícolas Alberto Boerger (CIAAB).
• In 1977 – incorporates research in early-season horticulture (greenhouse crops).
• In 1979 - 114 has. of land property of the National Institute for Colonization were purchased to establish the present premises of Salto Grande Experiment Station.
• In 1980 – the first stage of the construction of the Station building was initiated.
• In 1981 – the second stage of the building construction begun.
• In 1982 - all technical and support personnel moved into the new premises in May,
• In 1983 – the third phase of the building construction begun (namely laboratories, storehouses and sheds).
• In 1984 – the third phase was completed and the first greenhouse was constructed.
• In 1991 – INIA was created and new infrastructure was built (storehouses, greenhouses and laboratories)