Main technological alternatives
- Animal production for wool, cattle and sheep meat in extensive and semi-extensive production systems.
- Quality and added value along the whole chain of production of cattle and sheep meat as well as fine and ultrafine wool.
- Animal production integrated with agriculture and forestry.
- Agronomical management and conservation of improved and adapted forage varieties.
- Sustainable production of grasslands and genetic improvement of pastures for extensive and semi- extensive production systems.
- Vegetable crops varieties of vegetable crops of garlic, potato, sweet potato, onion, peanuts and beans.
- Forestry production focus in genetic improvement of Pines and Eucalyptus, forestry management, pests and diseases, and diversification of forestry species based on exotic and native plants.
- Genetic improvement and agronomic management of rice production also integrated in rotational rice - pastures production systems.
- INIA Tacuarembó has developed Regional projects on Agroforestry, family farming production systems and an animal diseases database for extensive production systems of the Northern Region, in order to satisfy the needs, demands and challenges of the región.